Partnerships for Sustainable Use of Protected Nature in Dalmatia – Dalmatian Nature
Efficient management of county level protected areas and future Natura 2000 sites in Dalmatia
- Develop inter and cross sectoral cooperation between CSOs, county protected areas management authorities and tourism sector in management planning, environmental education and active tourism development
- Support sustainable usage of natural resources by promoting Dalmatian county level protected areas and Natura 2000 sites as active tourism destinations
- Meeting and workshops for “Green Trips” development;
- Organisation of “Green Trips” for schools implementation;
- Production of educational material for “Green Trips”;
- Workshops for the development of active tourism programmes and tourists info portal in Knin;
- Production and distribution of active tourism programmes promotional material; Trainings for active tourism guides;
- Production of interpretation elements and setting up of the educational-interpretation paths
- Developed four new and improved offer of two existing educational “Green Trips” destinations for schools in Dalmatia as a part of CSOs social entrepreneurship,
- Two outdoor education-interpertation paths and two interactive tourist info portals,
- Developed and promoted four active tourism programs through protected areas and Natura 2000 sites in Dalmatia,
- Increased knowledge about biodiversity protection among active tourism guides and active tourists
The project is co-funded through the National programme for Croatia under the EU IPA – Transition assistance and institution building component for 2011
PROJECT BENEFICIARY: Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce
PARTNERS: Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values of Šibenik- Knin County, Ecological Association “Krka” Knin and Public Institutions for the management of protected natural values in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County and in the County of Split and Dalmatia
PROJECT LOCATION: Activities of the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values of Šibenik- Knin County were carried out in the area of town of Knin – Significant landscape and Natura 2000 area Krčić River (HR2000917 Krčić).
PROJECT DURATION: 18 months
TOTAL PROJECT VALUE: 138.888,00 EUR
NATIONAL CO-FINANCING: 14.027,69 EUR
Educational trail along the underwater trail in the area of the ecological network of the island of Murter from Jezera to Tisno
The purpose of the project is to promote the protected areas of the NATURA 2000 network Murter and the Murter Channel in the Šibenik – Knin County and to improve the safety and preservation of the site.
Results of the project:
– Arranged trail 1300m long.
– Arranged rest areas with benches along the trail
– 5 information boards on NATURA 2000 areas of Murter and Murter Channel and protected species were set up.
The main objective of the NIP is to support national parks, nature parks and county public institutions for the management of protected natural values in implementing the objectives of the European Natura 2000 network in their investment programs, strengthen capacities for monitoring biodiversity, reporting on measures taken under EU requirements and introduce programs to involve a wider group of stakeholders in the Natura 2000 network management process.
The project is fully funded by the World Bank through the EU Natura 2000 Integration Project (NIP).
PROJECT BENEFICIARY: Public Institution for the Management of Nature Protected Areas in Šibenik – Knin County
ASSOCIATES : Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection and Šibenik-Knin County
PROJECT LOCATION: Murter, Šibenik-Knin County
PROJECT DURATION: 12 months
TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE PROJECT: 26.505,00 EUR
Tourism development at the NP Krka boundary areas
Overall objective is to contribute to SMEs growth and creation of new jobs in wider Drniš area through development of tourism. Specific objective is to develop and promote authentic and attractive tourist offer in the area bordering NP Krka through arrangement of cultural and recreational localities, capacity building of relevant stakeholders and development of promotional tools.
Activities of the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values of Šibenik- Knin County were carried out in the area of Significant landscape Čikola river and canyon and relate to expanding the offer of active tourism.
Results of activities are:
- 40 free climbing routes equipped with safety equipment
- Štrikinica špilja (Štrikinica cave) in the Čikola river canyon explored; archaeological and paleontological discoveries presented to visitors (2 info boards set up and presented materials found)
- 10 km canyoning routes in the Čikola canyon technically equipped for visitors
- Walking path with lookouts, parking and signalization along the Čikola canyon arranged (2 km of hiking trails, 2 lookouts, 11 info boards, parking for 30 vehicles with 6 meters of access road)
- Zip Line construction installed
The project is co-funded through the IPA III C – Regional Competitiveves Operational Programme 2007-2013
Strengthen Institutions for management of Protected Areas – SIPA
Overall objective(s): To promote sustainable development in nature-protected areas and contribute to a greater integration in the management, preservation and promotion of nature protected areas bordering the Adriatic Sea.
Specific objective: To develop a system in Šibenik-Knin and Zadar County for management of nature protected areas through setting up and capacity building of institutional management bodies, through development of high-quality eco-sustainable tourism offer and through co-operation and good practice exchange with the Italian partners.
- Strengthened Institutions for management of Protected Areas, from a logistic point of view and human resources point of view;
- Created basis for introduction of GIS database system in order to census and to asses the protected areas of nature in Šibenik-Knin and Zadar counties;
- Built up and developed infrastructure on the protected areas, in order to improve their tourist accessibility;
- Fostered the role of tourism, through the promotion of info centre and organized tour, as opportunity for the sustainable growth of the area;
- Promoted new identity of protected areas of nature in Šibenik-Knin and Zadar counties;
- Project management and coordination (regular meetings of all project partners);
- Setting up of offices of the Public institution Nature of Šibenik-Knin County
(computer, office furniture, etc.);
- Capacity building of PI’s expert staff and employing field rangers
(through practical work in NP Krka);
- Creation of basis for setting up of GIS database of protected areas
- Infrastructure works on one nature protected areas in each county in order to enable the reception of tourists and the beginning of the tourist activity of public institutions;
- Creation of promotional identity of destination (flyers, promotional video);
- Establishment of tourist info centre of nature protected areas in Tourist Boards of Šibenik-Knin and Zadar County
- Linking with tourism agencies and creating organized tourist tours;
- Project promotion (2 public presentations)
The project is co-funded through PHARE 2006: Phare Adriatic Cross-border Programme Italy and Croatia, Phare CBC/INTERREG IIIA – New Adriatic Neighbourhood Programme.
PROJECT BENEFICIARY: Development Agency of Šibenik-Knin County
PARTNERS: Development Agency of Zadar County , Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values of Zadar County, Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values of Šibenik- Knin County, NP Krka, NGO Zanzibar, NGO COOSS Marche Onlus
PROJECT LOCATION: Šibenik- Knin County and Zadar County
PROJECT DURATION: 14 months
TOTAL PROJECT VALUE: EUR 187.697,60 (EU co-financed with 93.848,80 EUR – 50%, UNDP co-financed with 30.970,10 EUR- 16,50%, project partners co-financed with 62.878,70 – 33,50% )